OrthoLazer offers an innovative and alternative approach to injury recovery and treatment of acute and chronic orthopedic conditions. The FDA-cleared therapeutic laser is drug-free, painless, non-invasive, and has limited side effects. The exclusive and patented technology used at OrthoLazer is the MLS M8 Robotic Laser–the most advanced therapeutic laser available in the United States. Specific wavelengths of light energy are emitted into the damaged cells which stimulates and accelerates healing on a cellular level. Patients treated with laser therapy experience rapid pain relief, a strong anti-inflammatory effect, increased mobility, and advanced injury repair within the first 1 to 3 visits. Patients suffering from sports-related injuries arthritis, repetitive motion injuries, or have recently had surgery can expect to recover faster and get back into their normal routines and physical activities without being held back and limited by pain in just a few short weeks. Effects of laser therapy are cumulative, and sessions must be performed twice weekly to achieve optimum efficacy and results.
What is “cold laser therapy?”
Cold laser therapy, or simply “laser therapy,” is a medical treatment that uses specific wavelengths of near-infrared (NIR) light to promote tissue healing, relieve pain, and reduce inflammation and swelling. It is not actually cold – it is called “cold” to distinguish it from hot lasers, like those used in surgery.
How does it work?
The two wavelengths the laser emits, a continuous 808nm wave and a pulsed 905nm wave, penetrate two inches deep and are absorbed by the cells. The energy is then used by mitochondria to create cellular energy called “ATP.” The waves also induce a “neutral blockade” which reduces pain sensitivity.
Are there side effects?
Like any medical intervention, laser therapy has potential side effects. However, it has much fewer and less serious side effects than other treatments. Patients within the first 16 weeks of pregnancy are not treated. Also, there is a small chance that patients on blood thinners may be more prone to bruising. Soreness after a visit is also not unusual, but it may be a sign of progress and is not a cause for concern. Tell your tech about any soreness and they will work with you to adjust your dosage if necessary.
Are there any restrictions while I am undergoing treatments?
There are no restrictions on activity; you can go about your day as usual after each treatment. However, do not use ice/cold packs on the area being treated for eight hours after each appointment. Topical pain relievers, like Icy Hot and Bengay, are still okay to use.
Effects of MLS M8 Robotic Laser Therapy
- Analgesic effect:
- Reduction in the inflammatory component
- Reduction in edema
- Reduction in muscular spasms
- Allogenic substance “wash out”
- Increased endorphin synthesis
- Modulation of pain stimulus conduction
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect:
- Vasodilation and modulation of the permeability of the lymphatic and capillary vessels
- Inhibited production of pro-inflammatory molecules
- Pro-inflammatory molecules “wash out”
- Biostimulation effect:
- Increased supply of nutrients, oxygen and growth factors due to vasodilation
- Activation of cell functions
- Recovery and modulation of the cell energy metabolism
- Modulation of cell proliferation and differentiation (e.g. nerve regeneration)
- Induction of the recovery of muscle fiber and damaged nerve endings
- Modulation of the synthesis and organization of the matrix proteins
- Control of the formation and organization of scar tissue
Visit the OrthoLazer website for more information or to find a location.